Welcome! Dec. 16, 2016, 10 a.m. by jabber.rwth-aachen.de
This is the RWTH Aachen University's shiny new XMPP/Jabber-Server.
After 10 years of service it was time for a complete relaunch.
Sign in and give it a try!
Existing user accounts have been migrated and should continue to function mostly the way you're used to. However, a few things have changed:
- we no longer offer any transports (for ICQ, MSN, AIM, GaduGadu, Yahoo or IRC)
- accounts with email addresses that didn't exist anymore were excluded from the migration
- from now on unused user accounts will be deleted after one year
- all MUC rooms (Multi User Chat) (even those that were lost a few years ago) have been restored as <ROOMNAME>@muc.jabber.rwth-aachen.de
- from now on unused MUC rooms will be deleted after 90 days
- we're considering providing converse.js as a web client on this server, if you would like to see this implemented please contact us
- we now support a ton of new features that will make your life easier, a few examples:
- XEP-0198: Stream Management
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management
- XEP-0357: Push Notifications
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload
- as a result, support for mobile devices has increased significantly and commuciations with external Jabber servers are working smoothly again