Welcome! Dec. 16, 2016, 10 a.m. by jabber.rwth-aachen.de
This is the RWTH Aachen University's shiny new XMPP/Jabber-Server.
After 10 years of service it was time for a complete relaunch.
Sign in and give it a try!
Existing user accounts have been migrated and should continue to function mostly the way you're used to. However, a few things have changed:
- we no longer offer any transports (for ICQ, MSN, AIM, GaduGadu, Yahoo or IRC)
- accounts with email addresses that didn't exist anymore were excluded from the migration
- from now on unused user accounts will be deleted after one year
- all MUC rooms (Multi User Chat) (even those that were lost a few years ago) have been restored as <ROOMNAME>@muc.jabber.rwth-aachen.de
- from now on unused MUC rooms will be deleted after 90 days
- we're considering providing converse.js as a web client on this server, if you would like to see this implemented please contact us
- we now support a ton of new features that will make your life easier, a few examples:
- XEP-0198: Stream Management
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management
- XEP-0357: Push Notifications
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload
- as a result, support for mobile devices has increased significantly and commuciations with external Jabber servers are working smoothly again
Our software recommendations are located on the "Clients" page. If you have questions or problems please see the "FAQ" page on how to contact us.